As a Service Technician, you will be responsible for traveling to customer sites to perform routine, preventative maintenance and repairs on oil injected and oil-free air compressors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performing diagnostics on malfunctioning compressors, determining possible causes for malfunctions, and performing repairs as suggested by diagnostics and assessment
• Following preventative maintenance and repairs tests and documenting the proper operating parameters of the compressor
• Promoting and practicing proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal protective equipment at all times
• Providing a high level of customer service, responding to customer needs and working to satisfy customer expectations
• Serving as an ambassador for the company, promoting the Atlas Copco "Way"
• Developing a rapport with customers through effective communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism
Location: Cullman, AL
Salary: Competitive pay depending on experience, certifications, licenses, education, and location. This is a "salary plus" position, meaning that you will be paid for 40 hours. If you work over 40 hours, it is overtime paid at time and a half. If you work on Saturday, it is at time and a half for the first eight hours and then double time for anything over eight hours. Sunday and holidays are double time.
Benefits: Atlas Copco provides annual performance based and base pay increases. A company vehicle and gas is provided, with an approximate $75 a day per diem for overnight travel.
• Four-plus years of technical experience maintaining and repairing various types of mechanical and electrical equipment
• Documented classroom and practical application training in mechanical and/or electrical field
• Demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhaul, and repair of a wide variety of industrial equipment to include hydraulics and compressors
• Validated electrical background, experience with VSD, controllers, and motor controls
• Should have computer skills sufficient enough to be used for communication, research, work orders and programming various controllers for machines that will be worked on
• Must be able self-manage and be organized to get jobs completed in a timely fashion
• Exceptional communication and customer service skills
• Willing to travel out of town to perform work
• Availability for 24-hour emergency calls
• Must possess a valid driver's license
• Must have an acceptable credit history/record in order to obtain company credit card
• Bi-lingual is a plus
• Technicians are required to provide basic tools (screwdrivers, ratchets, sockets, wrenches, pliers, hammer, flashlight, multi-meter etc.) Specialty tools and replacement tools will be provided.