Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as M.A.
Navy Engineering Officer with Industry Experience
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering | 2011
United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD
Reliability Engineering Manager, Manufacturer of Personal Care Products | 2015 - Present
- Managed the identification and reduction of asset risk through loss elimination, risk management and lifecycle asset management on future products.
- Managed engineering projects through the new product lifecycle from conception to launch for 27 new products, while continuing to manage existing products for potential improvements through consumer feedback.
- Developed engineering matrices and new evaluation methods for products based on consumer field-testing and historical data; verified concept feasibility, increased likelihood of success and ultimately ensured manufacturing capability and product reliability.
- Developed a universal problem-solving methodology to identify the major manufacturing losses and develop continuous improvements; increased overall equipment effectiveness in four separate plants.
United States Navy | 2011 - 2015
Engineering Operations Administrative Officer
- Planned and coordinated operations; enabled safe and well-equipped operation of war-capable ships for immediate tasking to the Horn of Africa and South America.
- Sustained all aspects of unit operations, developed plans for future operations and organized all unit training.
- Maintained the weekly and quarterly schedule.
- As Inspection and Survey (INSURV) Coordinator, managed activities on 14 ships to ensure preparedness for their upcoming INSURV inspections.
- Provided efficient and professional administrative support for the Engineering Department Head.
- Led a division of eight specially-trained Sailors and was accountable for the onloading, handling, storing, and disposing of over $30M worth of ordnance munitions; ensured that weapon systems and equipment were ready, available, and in working order at all times.
- As Flying Squad Leader, designated responsibilities to the First Response Team regarding all fire, flooding, toxic gas, and other shipboard casualties; increased the Shipboard and Explosive Safety Inspection score from 83% to 95%.
- First Junior Officer in graduating class to earn the qualification of Command Duty Officer; ranked #1 out of 11 Junior Officers onboard ship.
- Nominated for the 2013 Ship Handler of the Year Award.
Force Protection Officer
- Planned, directed and supervised ship-wide Force Protection efforts, anti-terrorism training programs, related exercises, and inspections in compliance with policy, doctrine, and tactics; increased the Force Protection Exercise score from 75% to 100%.
Visit Board Search and Seizure Officer
- Led team in maritime boarding actions and tactics designed to capture enemy vessels and to combat terrorism, piracy and smuggling.
- Conducted customs, safety and other inspections in accordance with United Nation Security Council resolutions.
Arms, Ammunition and Explosives Accountability Officer
- Ensured the accuracy of all requisition verifications, established a training program for personnel responsible for the accountability of Arms, Ammunition and Explosive items, and maintained the status of command compliance with accountability controls.
- Led 30-35 Sailors in the performance of seamanship functions and evolutions including mooring, docking, anchoring, fueling, towing and transferring personnel and cargo at sea.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of deck machinery and readiness of survival equipment.
- Directed 30 successful underway replenishments, four anchorages, 30 small boat operations, one towed exercise and over 800 hours of flight deck evolutions with zero mishaps.
- Led First Division through INSURV readiness training; increased vessel score from 81% to 96% and achieved highest ranking on the east coast.
- Orchestrated the passing of De Wert's Aviation Facilities Certification (AVCERT); ensured proficiency training for aviation operators and proper installation of shipboard aviation facilities.
- Ranked #1 out of eight Junior Officers onboard.
- Initiated the formation of the Intelligence Department onboard the USS De Wert.
- As part of Operation Ocean Shield, monitored and analyzed maritime activities that posed a threat to national security including drug smuggling, illegal immigration, arms transfers, environmental mishaps and violations of UN sanctions. Developed plans for intelligence operations, managed intelligence programs and produced supporting documents.
- Provided intelligence that ensured the successful coordinated rescue of Naval crewmembers from Somali pirates.
- Worked directly with the Defense Intelligence Agency and Central Intelligence Agency.
Search and Rescue Officer
- Maintained the ship's Search and Rescue (SAR) capability through training and proficiency requirements. Documented training for rescue swimmers and rescue boat crewmembers.
- Led two new SAR swimmers through a rigorous biannual certification; received highest marks in all five grading areas and the highest overall score possible.