Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as J.M.
Army Engineering Officer with a Construction Science Management Degree
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Science, Construction Science Management
Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL
United States Army National Guard | 2012 - Present
- Responsible for providing full support to the wide range of engineering duties and combat missions within the Army. Coordinate project management tasks supporting the construction of roads, buildings, military bases, and airfields.
- Attended the U.S. Army Engineer School and completed 19 weeks of Engineer Basic Officer Leader Course at Fort Leonard Wood.
- Utilized knowledge in bridging, military demolitions, as well as horizontal and vertical construction on several projects.
- Skilled in general engineering, combat engineering, and geospatial engineering.
Engineering Operations Manager and Safety Manager
- Directed construction activities for moderately complex programs and projects while deployed to Bagram, Afghanistan. Developed project plans intended to accomplish goals and objectives within a prescribed two-year time frame and $600M budget.
- Worked with safety staff to ensure the safe execution of projects and maintained a zero incident job site.
- Conducted risk and ergonomic analysis to identify the engineering and procedural solutions that eliminated hazardous exposure.
- Encouraged consistent visibility of projects by monitoring and reporting business objectives, construction achievements, and key indicators to stakeholders as well as ensured projects met profitability goals.
- Developed and implemented strategies for resolution of identified obstacles.
- Awarded two Army Commendation Medals.
- Managed and controlled assigned projects including overseeing field operations, productivity, schedule, project safety, and quality of work to support the U.S. military on a part-time basis as a Platoon Leader.
- Coordinated vendor deliveries, handling, storage, inspections, and placement of materials and equipment.
- Supervised the construction and deconstruction of U.S. military buildings, roads, and other infrastructures.
- Reviewed all project costs, labor productivity reports, and developed improvement plans.
Pharmaceutical Construction Coordinator, Global Animal Health Coordinator | 2013
- Managed resolution of all issues during project construction and commissioning phases as lead contractor and liaison.
- Facilitated new construction and renovation initiatives of company's pharmaceutical capital projects.
- Coordinated and conducted Installation, Operational, and Performance Qualification (IQ, OQ, and PQ) on special design pharmaceutical equipment and materials.
- Assisted in project schedule development and implementation to ensure operational efficiency.
- Managed project budgets, purchasing orders, change orders and commitments to Subcontractors and Suppliers.
Crew Member Intern, Commercial Construction Company | 2011
- Assisted the Construction Manager in planning, design, and construction support work in an intern role. Oversaw six vehicles and equipment valued at over $5M.
- Operated tools of all types including air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, and mechanical hoists.
- Cleaned and prepared sites, dug trenches, set braces to support the sides of evacuations, erected scaffolds, repaired large piping systems, bridges, and roads, and cleaned up rubble, debris and other waste materials.