Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as R.G.
Navy Nuclear Mechanic
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Active Security Clearance
- Goal Oriented
- Leadership Experience
- Group Collaboration
- Quality Assurance
- Time Management
- Problem Solver
- Conflict Resolution
- Maintenance Planning
United States Navy | 2007 - 2013
Sectional Leading Engineering Laboratory Technician / Instructor | 2013 - Present
Ballston Spa, NY
- Instructor in theory, operation, and maintenance of complex nuclear propulsion and reactor plant systems of over 1500 Officer and Enlisted students using hands on and classroom based training.
- Conduct performance reviews and establish career development goals of up to eight senior staff instructors and five junior staff instructors.
- Supervise over 25 radiological preventive and corrective maintenance procedures with no required rework, ensuring all requirements are met and minimizing the impact on all maintenance shutdowns.
- Taught over 300 hours of training on basic troubleshooting techniques to include obtaining all available information, obtaining causes, and taking all corrective actions.
- As Engine Room Supervisor, manage a team of six watch standers with students in the safe and efficient operation of a submarine engine room during reactor startup, shutdown, normal operations, special tests, and dynamic ship maneuvers.
Engineering Laboratory Technician | 2009 - 2013
USS Olympia (SSN-717), Pearl Harbor, HI
- Performed qualitative and quantitative analyses of reactor coolant and associated systems. Experience included use of various methods of corrective chemistry, collection of data, and trend analysis to prevent out-of-specification conditions. These actions directly ensured the integrity of the reactor and prevented the release of fission products to the public.
- Performed surveys for alpha, beta, gamma, and neutron radiation. Implemented local radiation control limits and maintained personnel dose assessment records. Prevented the spread of any radioactive material to the environment or public.
- Demonstrated extreme reliability under stress and obtained thorough knowledge of submarine construction, operation, and damage control by completing the rigorous professional requirements for qualifying Submarine Warfare.
- Developed all engineering department emergency scenario training and administration, obtained Commanding Officer permission, briefed all safety monitors, oversaw complex training drills, and facilitated critiquing of watch team performance, resulting in a grade of Above Average on a critical external audit.
- As Work Center Supervisor, scheduled all preventive and corrective maintenance for a team of up to eight personnel, resulting in a 100% satisfactory completion rate with no rework.
- Received all physical and electronic technical manual revisions for the nuclear reactor and associated systems; designated senior personnel to prepare and give training; and oversaw the implementation of technical manuals by over 40 personnel in the Engineering department.
- Represented the United States as an ambassador in multiple foreign countries.
Nuclear Power Training Student | 2007 - 2009
- Completed over 3000 hours of instruction to obtain detailed knowledge of nuclear propulsion power and the interrelationship of its mechanical, electrical, and reactor subsystems.
Ride Operations / Entertainment Technician, Theme Park | 2004 - 2006
- Operated park rides and had direct and continuous interaction with guests, leads, and supervisors on a daily basis to maintain a clean and safe environment at all times.
- Assisted in set up and breakdown of sets, lights, and sound at various venues; troubleshot technical problems; and ran lighting, sound, projections, and other technical elements for a variety of performances.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Advanced Instructor Techniques School | 2014
Senior Leadership Training | 2012
Submarine Quality Assurance Inspector School | 2012
Operational Water Chemistry and Radiological Controls | 2011
Associate of Arts, General Studies | 2006
Northlake Community College, Irving, TX