Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as J.T.
Navy Nuclear Electronics Technician with a Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Training Management
- Auditing & Reviewing
- Technical Writing
- Decision Making
- Process Improvement
United States Navy | 1995 - Present
Senior Advisor / Project Manager | 2014 - Present
- Provided management and oversight of a $10M per year Quick Reaction Science and Technology Program.
- Mentored and advised over 30 Senior Officers.
- Provided counseling and personal development for the senior enlisted leaders stationed at ONR's subordinate commands.
- Led a four-member team that processed inputs from the fleet, requested solicitations, awarded contracts, and tracked completion of over 30 projects.
- Coordinated with multiple government field activities and academia affiliates across the United States in the research, experimentation, and development of innovative and effective solutions to problems encountered by fleet personnel.
Engineering Department Master Chief | 2011 - 2014
Kings Bay, GA
- Established and maintained the highest of standards for the safe operation and maintenance of a submarine nuclear propulsion plant.
- Managed and supervised the training, qualification, and day-to-day operations of the department.
- Continually trained over 120 employees in emergency response, noted as exceptional by several external inspection teams.
- Coordinated and supervised the efforts of a 50+ person department through four overseas deployments and two extensive shipyard repair periods.
- Developed and implemented a long-range training plan that included a complex drill and evolution program; resulted in a marked increase in performance trends, increased morale, and the highest possible evaluation on fleet wide inspections.
- Evaluated personnel performance and submitted appraisals.
- Recommended awards for superior performance and provided mentorship and guidance to improve negative performance trends.
Reactor Controls Division Chief | 2007 - 2011
- Trained and mentored nine division personnel in the areas of reactor plant operation, maintenance, and complex casualty control.
- Developed a comprehensive lecture and evolution package that dramatically improved performance.
- Led the successful troubleshooting and repair of several key reactor instrumentation and control faults.
- Developed an in-depth troubleshooting guide that is currently being utilized by the West Coast fleet.
- Supervised over 800 planned and corrective maintenance items over four years while at times being forward deployed.
- Performed a complex prime standard alignment while overseas with very limited support.
Nuclear Power School Instructor | 2003 - 2007
- Supervised a team of four Junior Officers and senior enlisted instructors teaching advanced electrical and electronic engineering concepts to more than 230 students.
- Revised student lesson plans for the division allowing the command to downsize while maintaining the highest quality instruction.
- Developed and administered over 30 course exams and over six comprehensive exams.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Science, Nuclear Engineering Technology | 2003
Thomas Edison State University, Trenton, NJ