Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as M.R.
Navy Nuclear Electrician
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Detail Oriented
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Standards/Procedural Compliance
- Personnel Supervision
- Maintenance Management
United States Navy | 1997 - Present
Deputy Ship's Safety Manager | 2012 - Present
- Manage and supervise over 150 military personnel and 400 civilian employees' performance in accordance with safety of ship standards.
- Managed department audit and assessment program, developed and executed department training plans, and performed department manning forecasting and management.
- Trained over 1,500 military and civilian employees in fire and flooding emergency preparedness.
- Revised multiple in-place processes to account for new and evolving requirements after a major fire onboard a submarine in overhaul.
- Indoctrinated and trained six new employees in submarine systems, casualty control, and safety of ship standards, culminating in their certification as Ship Safety Officers.
Engineering Department Master Chief | 2009 - 2012
USS Memphis (SSN-691), Groton, CT
- Acted as the Senior Enlisted Advisor on proper administration and supervision of a nuclear propulsion plant.
- Primary Assistant to the Engineering Officer in administering personnel, designating assignments, performing department administration, and monitoring the qualification program for all nuclear trained personnel.
- Continually trained over 120 employees in emergency response, noted as exceptional by several external inspection teams.
- Instilled ownership in new personnel and maximized department productivity, resulting in 90% of engineering department qualifying senior and supervisory stations.
- Provided expert leadership to four departmental divisions lacking experienced first line leaders and mentored two new executive teams.
Senior Enlisted Advisor / Engineering Repair Assistant | 2006 - 2009
- Principle liaison to submarine squadrons and submarines at the managerial level on all maintenance related issues.
- Coordinated and planned intermediate and depot level repairs for 19 nuclear submarines and support vessels.
- Senior Advisor to the executive managers for morale, welfare and management of all enlisted personnel.
- Revamped several training programs, allowing for job specific training while still meeting general training objectives.
- Recognized for mentoring a troubled junior management team while providing clear solutions to resolve the issues.
Chief of the Boat | 2003 - 2006
- Solely responsible to the ship's Commanding Officer for the morale and welfare of 40 assigned personnel.
- Overall responsible for the conduct and administration of multiple programs controlling ship's material condition and personnel readiness.
- Initiated several non-existent training programs and professional development review processes, allowing all assigned subordinates every opportunity to succeed.
- Personally and professionally mentored all subordinate personnel in supply administration, maintenance procedures and equipment troubleshooting and repair, resulting in 100% retention of junior personnel.
Electrical Division Leading Petty Officer | 1999 - 2003
USS Jefferson City (SSN-759), San Diego, CA
- Mentored and trained 13 junior electricians.
- Planned and scheduled all preventive and corrective maintenance for electrical systems onboard a nuclear powered submarine.
- Revamped and modernized the divisional material history program and the ship's calibration programs, saving the ship hundreds of maintenance man hours.
Instructor | 1997 - 1999
- Trained officer and enlisted students in the operation and maintenance of a naval nuclear propulsion plant.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Associate of Arts, Nuclear Power Technology | 2007
Coastline Community College, Fountain Valley, CA
Advanced Leadership Development Program | 2006
Nuclear Power Training Unit | 1996 - 1997
Naval Nuclear Power Training Command | 1996
Navy Recruit Training Command | 1995 - 1996
Great Lakes, IL