Position ID: #EB-1186537131
Date Posted: 3/20/2017 9:18:00 AM
Location: Folsom, NJ
As a Production Supervisor, you will work under the direction of the site Operations Manager. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Supervising the processing of custom and company products at the Coatings site to meet schedule, quality, quantity, and cost requirements.
• Ensuring a safe work environment for everyone in the plant (employees, customers, vendors, etc.).
• Planning appropriate staffing levels.
• Training employees in proper work technique.
• Handling all employee relations issues.
• Preparing performance reviews, providing regular feedback to employees which will enhance development opportunities and handling employee discipline and corrective action, as needed.
Location: Folsom, NJ
Shift: 2nd shift
Benefits: Our client offers comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement savings plan, and vacation.
• Must have a technical background in the military, or two to five years manufacturing management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to recognize hazardous substances and to know basic employee responsibilities for chemical safety and emergency response as listed in Material Safety Data Sheets and the site Release Prevention Control and Countermeasures Plan.
• Must have a proven record of accomplishment in maintaining a safe work environment.
• Must be well versed in Lean Manufacturing practices and regularly use Lean tools in day-to-day business activities to ensure continuous improvement. This includes the ability to document Standard Work and hold employees accountable.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; and the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to speak effectively before groups of employees and customers.
• Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as pay changes for employees, proportions and percentages, area, circumference, and volume for product. Must also be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; and the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must have proven supervisory skills and must be a strong leader and fully capable of supporting Company business objectives.
• Must have excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.