Position ID: #EB-9657587072
Date Posted: 2/11/2019 3:29:41 PM
Location: Kansas City, MO
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Senior Engineer positions with a company whose primary business is to manufacture sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Our client’s goal is to seek innovative solutions that surpass customers' expectations. To accomplish this, the company researches, develops, and deploys some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Our client is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
Interviews for the Senior Engineer position will be held on a weekly basis in Kansas City, MO over the next few months.
Our client is searching for Mechanical and Chemical Engineers to fill multiple Engineering positions currently available for experienced engineers, including product engineering, process engineering, purchased product engineering, systems engineering and electrical testing. As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for leading, coordinating, and communicating activities with production, product teams, the national design labs, and other function internal/external stakeholders. Your responsibilities will include:
• Execute a variety of moderately complex and complex engineering assignments and provide detailed instructions in the design and/or project management of new and current projects, products, programs, components, tools, and acceptance equipment under technical guidance of higher-level engineers or departmental management.
• Participate in establishing operating procedures for new products and components.
• Develop test procedures and perform engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work.
• Evaluate opportunities for defect prevention based on standard or accepted solutions.
• Prepare evaluation reports, analyze discrepancies, and make recommendations for product, test equipment, procedures, and manufacturing or operating processes that improve productivity and quality and reduce flowtime.
• Assist in the preparation of product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs.
• Define and acquire tooling, gaging, and other equipment necessary to manufacture parts and to assure product quality.
• Interact with and present to design agencies, suppliers, and/or internal organizations such as the Integrated Supply Chain to assist in resolving design, development, production, and acceptance issues.
• Provide technical assistance in appropriate assigned field; Evaluate and make recommendations regarding technological advances that improve productivity and quality, reduce flowtime, and enhance operational surety; Influence technical direction and decision–making.
• Mentor and coach earlier in career engineers and technicians.
Location: Kansas City, MO
Shift: Monday-Friday day time hours, but must be flexible/able to work otherwise as required. 9/80 schedule that allows you to be off every other Friday.
Relocation: Outstanding relocation benefits are available for these roles.
Supervisory: These roles are initially individual contributor roles with significant leadership responsibilities of internal/external function teams of 10-30 associates depending on the role, department, etc.
Benefits: In addition to a competitive salary, our client offers outstanding medical/dental/vision plans; an excellent 401K (up to 8% match of employee contribution); bonus opportunities based on company performance (0-5% of salary annually); tuition reimbursement; and an excellent training program.
Career Progression: You will progress in an environment that attracts excellent talent, creates challenging assignments, offers competitive rewards, and fosters constructive communication. Our client is one of the most admired and respected companies in the world. Successful candidates will be afforded a multitude of career growth opportunities in many business divisions with the company.
• At least 5-10+ years of Mechanical/Chemical Engineering experience to be considered for this role.
• Experience dealing with hardware and/or software test equipment, able to take a product from the test phase to the production phase.
• Must be US Citizen and able to obtain and US Department of Energy “Q” security clearance.
• An ABET-accredited BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering is required.
• Experience interacting with and presenting to multiple levels of technical stakeholders and customers will be very helpful.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with solid business acumen.
• Ideal candidate will have a history of success in the above areas that stand out among peers in mission accomplishment and results, including the ability to maintain/sustain high positive employee relations, manage multiple priorities against tight deadlines, apply procedures and policies, and effectively address/successfully handle all employee-related issues.