Position ID: #EB-1294983051
Date Posted: 3/15/2017 8:50:41 AM
Location: Kansas City, MO
Industry: High Tech
As an Electronic Equipment Technician, you will perform fabrication and prove-in support activities on new design and redesigned custom test equipment and test systems for company and external customers. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Performing initial troubleshooting, maintenance and calibration support services on equipment including: pressure, vacuum, environmental, electro-mechanical devices, laboratory instruments, meters, computerized scientific test systems and supportive hardware and equipment.
• Designing and creating molds for encapsulating; potting a wide variety of connectors and components; laser engraving; etc.
• Fabricating and assembling electronic, mechanical, environmental and electromechanical custom designed equipment.
• Performing quality control processes and functions for equipment listed above.
• Performing equipment calibration and maintenance on same.
• Recording and documenting all activities in Calibration Management System and Fabrication Workload Database.
• Assisting Engineering in the design, development and qualification of new designs.
Location: Kansas City, MO
Salary: $60K-$70K + paid OT after 8 hours worked daily + any eligible shift premium + cost of living adjustment (COLA).
Shift: Monday-Friday day time hours with some OT, but must be flexible/ able to work otherwise as needed/required.
Benefits: Our client offers outstanding medical/dental/vision plans; an excellent 401K (up to 8% match of employee contribution); bonus opportunities based on company performance (0-5% of salary annually); tuition reimbursement; and an excellent training program.
• Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a U.S. Department of Energy “Q” security clearance.
• Must have four or more years of experience as a military technician.
• Must be a well-rounded technician with electrical, electronic, and mechanical skills.
• Must have hands-on experience in electronic troubleshooting to the component level.
• Must have proven decision making, organization, planning, problem solving, and communication skills.
• Must be able to make significant independent contributions and excel in a team environment.
• Must have excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills along with excellent communication and computer skills with solid business acumen.
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities against tight deadlines while applying procedures and policies.