Saturday, March 1, 2014
CareerCast.com Releases 10 Jobs for Veterans in 2014
Civilian career paths for transitioning veterans are varied and do not necessarily correlate with your MOS. With so many options, it can be hard to choose a path. To help with this, CareerCast.com recently released its list of Best Jobs for Veterans 2014. The ten careers on the list represent everything from EMTs to Software Engineers and illustrate the breadth of skills veteran bring to the civilian workplace.
In an article in Forbes, Tony Lee, publisher of CareerCast, tells author Susan Adams, “Most veterans are more qualified than they realize for well-paying jobs, ranging from training and development manager (average annual salary: $95,400) to construction project manager ($82,800). Veterans are often more qualified than civilians if they are matched with the right jobs.”
Among the higher paying jobs on the list is Industrial Production Manager, with an average salary of $89,900. It is no surprise that this career is on the list, as Industrial/Capital Equipment was one of the top 10 industries in which Orion candidates found careers in last quarter. Among the thousands of veterans in charge of production is Andrew Hamilton, a Marine Corps CH-46E pilot who is now a Production Supervisor with Owens Corning.
“My new position is Production Supervisor for Owens Corning, a Fortune 500 company. In the military, people looked to me to make decisions and ensure the job at hand was getting done in a safe and timely manner. I see my role at my new position facing those same types of situations,” explains Hamilton, “I received top notch mentoring and leadership training that gave me the skills and expertise I need to be successful as a Production Supervisor.”
Construction is also among the top 10 industries for Orion last quarter and is represented in CareerCast’s list by Construction Program Manager, with an average salary of $82,800. On Monday, February 10, First Lady Michelle Obama and U.S. Secretary of Labor Thomas E. Perez announced at the National Symposium: Veterans’ Employment in Construction that a coalition of construction employers and associations have collectively pledged to hire 100,000 veterans over the next five years.
Chris Canfield, a former Intelligence Officer in the Marine Corps, began his career with RQ Construction in 2008 as a Project Engineer working on a project for Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC) at Camp Pendleton. At the end of 2009, he was promoted to Assistant Project Manager. He credits this rapid promotion to his leadership, management, and communication experience gained in the military. “During that time, I also helped write various parts of our company’s proposals, mainly because I was able to understand what the lingo was and how it applied to our projects,” recalls Canfield.
When the MARSOC ended in the summer of 2010, Canfield was again promoted to Project Manager and asked to take over another project. Canfield explains, “To be promoted in three years to a position like Project Manager and run two concurrent projects showed how much trust and confidence RQ had in my abilities. I attribute it to the competencies and values I learned while I was serving.” Want to know more about Canfield’s transition? Click here.
Telecommunications Equipment Installer and Repairer also occupies a spot in the list, with an average salary of $54,500. In the military, veterans are charged with installing and maintaining the most sophisticated equipment in the world, and this training is invaluable in the civilian world. Eldon Pavelka has found this to be true in his career as a Data Center Technician for an online services provider. Pavelka tells us, “My particular background as a Nuclear Electricians Mate was a near perfect fit. My site manager is a prior sub ET Nuke who did six years active and about 20 years reserve. He was very down to earth with me when he told me that what I would be doing is similar to what I do on the ship, but with newer technology and for a different purpose.”
Industrial Engineering Technicians claim another spot on the list with an average salary of $50,900, however salaries in Industrial Engineering vary greatly depending on position, education, and level of experience. CareerCast states that many of the nation’s top energy companies have expressed the greatest interest to the Veteran's Administration in hiring returning veterans making this particular career a hot one. While not a technician, Paul Miranda has found this to be the case in his new career as an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer with ConocoPhillips.
“Coming from the military, I was limiting myself to jobs within the Defense/Aerospace industry, and Orion helped me branch out to different industries. Being an Electrical Engineer, I did not know how in demand my skills were in the Oil and Gas industry, so once I pursued jobs in that area, I was astonished at how much companies were competing to get me to accept their offers,” Miranda recalls. Learn more about careers with ConocoPhillips here.
Also on the list were:
- Heavy & Tractor-Trailer Truck Driver
- Average salary: $38,200
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Average salary: $31,000
- Average salary: $47,000
- Software Engineer
- Average salary: $85,400
- Training and Development Manager
- Average salary: $95,400
- Administrative Services Manager
- Average salary: $81,100
As Susan Adams points out, “four jobs on the list have ‘manager’ in the title since many veterans have worked supervising troops in the field or on the base. Many have also done legal work, software programming and emergency medical work. All of that experience translates into civilian jobs that can have median pay of more than $80,000 a year.”
Want to get started looking for your next civilian career? Visit Orion International online to get started!
Veterans & Spouses Praise their Experience at Inaugural Project Management Training in Washington, D.C.
Saturday, January 25, marked the inaugural Veteran and Military Spouse Project Management Training hosted by the Dixon Center for Military and Veterans Community Services at Easter Seals, Orion International, McDermott Will & Emery LLP, and Efiia Cares. This intensive project management (PM) training and career transition program supports Veterans, Veteran Spouses, and Active Duty Spouses in obtaining high quality, high paying executive management positions.
Held in the offices of McDermott Will & Emery LLP in Washington, D.C., the class was attended by 30 students who came ready to learn the fundamentals of project management, industry standards, and best practices based on real projects. The students participated in classroom instruction, group exercises, presentations, resume writing, practice interviews, and training on management tools.
When asked their opinion of the course, every student agreed that the course will help them in their current job or job search. Additionally, 100% of the students said they would recommend the course. Among the feedback received on the course was:
- "A class of this caliber is not something that I would have guessed would be free. It was an awesome class."
- "Thank you for volunteering your time. Excellent service to our veteran community. It is appreciated."
- "Yesterday's veterans PM training was amazing. Thank you!"
- "Great overview of civilian management terms. I knew some of the project management concepts, but now I’m going to change some of the language on my resume."
- "It’s pretty awesome. Thank you so much for operating the course free to veterans."
The next class will be held in March 2014 and is targeted to participants with little or no project management experience. For more information about this program complete this form to request registration information when it is available. If you have questions, please email Kelly O'Connor.
Military Professionals Guide Webinar Series
Fort Hood Combat Veterans - Meet with Orion February 26
We're hiring for a large number of positions within the Oil & Gas Industry in Texas! We also have positions in Manufacturing and Sales in Texas, Nebraska and Kansas.
Initial Screenings will be held 26 February at Fort Hood, TX. We are seeking combat veterans who are proven achievers with an outstanding work ethic and strong teambuilding skills.
We will be available from 1200-1800 in the Copeland Center, with scheduled briefings every other hour.
The starting salary is competitive with significant overtime and bonus potential. Your base hourly rate will increase substantially once you have completed your training and probationary period. It is not uncommon to earn $50- $75k during first year of employment. A full benefits package is included. Must be willing to relocate.
Email us to learn more!
Interview March 5 & 6 at Fort Campbell for Careers with Polaris Industries
Orion is currently recruiting for careers with Polaris Industries, an American manufacturer of snowmobiles, ATV, and neighborhood electric vehicles. This is an outstanding opportunity for transitioning and former military to begin your civilian career with a leading manufacturer of recreational vehicles, dedicated to continually improving the recreational riding experience.
We will hold interviews at Ft. Campbell on March 5th-6th for the following positions:
- Plant Scheduler
- Plant Planner
Technicians / Technical NCOs
- Process Technician
- Quality Technician
- Paint Technician
Click here to learn more or apply.
Retail Sales Representative Careers with The Hershey Company
Equipment Services Associate Careers with BMW Manufacturing
Orion is currently recruiting veterans for Equipment Services Associate careers with BMW Manufacturing, a leading luxury vehicle manufacturer, and one of the three best-selling luxury automakers in the world at their only North American factory in Greer, SC. As the producer of all the world’s X3 and X5 Sports Activity Vehicles, as well as the X6 Sports Activity Coupés, BMW Manufacturing values innovative ideas and diverse approaches to meet the challenges of tomorrow’s mobile world. This is your chance to begin your civilian career with an outstanding company where the philosophy of BMW thrives and the Ultimate Driving Machine is built.
As the Equipment Services Associate, you will be responsible for maintaining, repairing and modifying automotive manufacturing and test equipment to improve systems uptime and reliability. Additional responsibilities include:
- Overseeing equipment modifications for process changes, new models and expansions
- Maintaining and updating all process documentation
Location: Greer, SC
Work Schedule: Shifts run from 7pm to 7am. Depending on which part of the body you are assigned determines the days that you will work. Schedules could be six days on, five days off, or every other weekend. You must be willing to work overtime and holidays as needed.
Salary: Compensation is $21.65-$26/hr, depending on experience.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Associate Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in high levels of automation and PLC controls
- Minimum of 3-5 years of hands on experience in industrial maintenance, mechanical, electrical, electronic systems along with PC based controls
- Must be a highly flexible individual that can adjust to changes quickly
- Must pass a computer-based technical knowledge assessment and a hands-on electrical troubleshooting proficiency test working with live current
- Experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of closed-loop servo systems
- Experience in design, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of sequential processes
- Experience working with high level programming languages
- Experience in interfacing controls, processes and feedback devices
- Experience in Human/Machine interface devices and associated software
- Experience in installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of AC variable frequency drives
- 3+ years of hands on experience in three-phase power and pneumatic controls
- Siemens PLC S7 experience
Interviews will be held at BMW Manufacturing’s automotive plant in Greer, SC. Interview dates are open and flexible, depending on availability. Transportation and lodging will be provided.
Click here to learn more.
Careers with David Weekley Homes
Orion has partnered with David Weekley Homes, the second largest privately-held builder in America, to offer career opportunities for those seeking a rewarding career after the military. This is your chance to begin a builder career with a top company. Learn more about David Weekley Homes
We are currently recruiting for Builders in Atlanta, GA.
To be qualified for this position, Candidates must possess very strong leadership and organizational skills as well as a proven work ethic. Candidates must have a high-attention to detail and be able to motivate teams under tough working conditions.
We will be holding interviews for Builders in Atlanta, GA on February 21, 2014.
Click here to learn more.
Route Sales Representative Careers with Nestlé Waters
Orion is recruiting for Area Sales Representatives and Route Sales Representatives and Unit Leaders with Nestle Waters, a bottled water division of the Nestle Group, a multinational food and beverage company. This is your chance to begin your civilian career with globally recognized company in the food and beverage industry.
Area Sales Representative positions are located in Austin, TX; Houston, TX; Dallas, TX; and San Antonio, TX.
Route Sales Representative positions are located in Chicago, IL; Woodridge, IL; Phoenix, AZ; Framingham, MA; Houston, TX; Dallas, TX; Lanham, MD; Dracut, MA; Syosset, NY; San Francisco, CA; Long Island City, NY; Oakland, CA; North Haven, CT; Elmsford, NY; Pennsauken, NJ; Jersey City, NJ; and Kearny, NJ.
We will be holding interviews on the following dates:
Area Sales Representatives
- Houston, TX - February 20th
Route Sales Representative
- Orange, CA - February 20th with field rides occurring on February 21st
Click here to learn more.
Careers with ConocoPhillips
Orion International is currently recruiting for multiple career opportunities with ConocoPhillips, one of the world’s largest independent Exploration and Production companies based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With over 17,000 employees worldwide ConocoPhillips is active in almost 30 countries.
ConocoPhillips explores for, produces, transports and markets crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, liquefied natural gas and bitumen on a worldwide basis. Key focus areas include safely operating producing assets, executing existing major projects, and exploring for new resources in promising areas.
We are currently recruiting for:
- Utility Person (Click here for details on this position.)
- Mess Person (Click here for details on this position.)
- Able-Bodied Seaman (Click here for details on this position.)
- I&E Technician
- Network Analyst
- Rotating Equipment Supervisor
- Compression Technician
- Multi-Skilled Operator
- Project Field Scheduler
- Project Planner
- Project Lead Planner
Click here to learn more and apply to be considered.
Electrical Maintenance Technician Positions with a Worldwide Steel Manufacturer
Orion is currently recruiting for Electrical Maintenance Technician positions with a worldwide steel manufacturer. This is an excellent opportunity to use your military technician training, skillset, and experience to start or establish a great career with a leader in the steel industry
Locations: East Chicago, IN and Burns Harbor, IN
Salary: $65K - $75K, depending on the amount of overtime you work.
Shift Work: Yes, successful candidates must be able to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays. Shift work may encompass 8, 10, or 12-hour work shifts.
- 3 years electrical maintenance experience; completion of a certified training or apprenticeship program preferred
- Must be competent in AC and DC industrial controls, automation systems and sensors, DC power converters, motor control and maintenance, and crane repair
- Ability to install (including conduit bending and wiring installation), troubleshoot, and repair or adjust various types of electronic, electrical, mechanical, combustion, instrumentation or control systems, and related equipment is preferred
- Knowledge of PLCs, AC and DC drives, the National Electric Code, and the ability to use electrical test equipment and computers is desired; Successful candidate may be required to perform maintenance on AC and DC power systems, up to and including 13.8KV
- Excellent work attendance record, ability to report to work as scheduled, flexibility to work overtime as needed or directed.
Click here to learn more.
Wind Engineer in Training Program with Siemens Corporation
Are you ready to be the force behind our leading reusable energy source and give power to homes across the U.S., while reducing the carbon footprint? The Wind Engineer in Training program provides a broad- based understanding of the entire Wind Service Business through:
- Classroom instruction and challenging work assignments
- Guidance from experienced engineers and field personnel within the organization
- Opportunities to develop close networks within the RE environment for future support
- Opportunities to analyze, problem solve, make critical decisions and assume high-impact responsibilities
- Service Site Supervisors
- Field Service Engineers
- Site Managers
- Assistant Operations Managers
- Assistant Project Managers
- Supply Chain Logistic Engineers
- Service Technology Engineers
- Research and Development
The program is a full-time position with benefits and is designed to help you create a successful career path within Siemens.
Location: For the first year of training, you will be based in Orlando, FL, which is where Siemens Energy is headquartered. Your relocation for Year 2 will be provided by Siemens, and you will likely be located in the South Central, Midwest, or Pacific Northwest.
Travel Requirements: This position will require 50% travel during the first year, where you will go on site visits and work out in the field.
We're looking for people who are resourceful — true problem solvers who challenge themselves to find the most effective and efficient solutions to complex challenges. We provide a platform for those who want to have an impact on the future and contribute to the successes of the company, our customers and the world.
- JMOs or NCOs with a technical engineering degree with a GPA of 2.8 or above; Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering degrees preferred.
- Relocation and Travel: Must be willing to relocate and travel as required by program
- Open to relocation to Orlando for the first year
- Must be able to interview in February, and begin work in August.
- Additional Requirements: Must weigh 260 pounds or less (due to safety equipment requirements), be able to completely differentiate between colors, and cannot be claustrophobic or afraid of heights
We will be holding first interviews for the Wind Engineer in Training Program throughout February, with final interviews to be held during the second week of March.
Please visit us online if you are interested in learning more.
Wind Turbine Technician Careers with Gemini Energy Services
Gemini Energy Services, a Division of Orion International, is Seeking Wind Turbine Technicians for Traveling Field Technician Positions.
Gemini’s mission statement is to create solutions to complex wind turbine commissioning, operations, maintenance, service and installation challenges through a superior workforce, rigorous training, and safe operations.
Gemini has a focus on hiring former military men and women because of their highly technical backgrounds; they include avionics technicians, radar technicians, aviation electricians, electronics technicians, and more. Prior military technicians make ideal Gemini Turbine Technicians due to the similarities between their technical backgrounds (including component-level electronic and mechanical troubleshooting) and actual equipment within the industry. These skill sets are applicable and necessary because of the increasingly advanced equipment being installed as wind technology evolves.
Gemini's services to the wind industry include:
• Operations and Maintenance
• Construction Support
• Major Component Changeout
• Warranty Services
• Remote Monitoring
Wind Turbine Technician Description:
This position is responsible for the installation, commissioning, and maintenance of wind turbine generators. You will perform testing, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical and electrical problems on variable pitch, variable speed turbines. You will assist in other areas of site construction, installation and commissioning as required and directed by designated site supervision.
Salary: $18/hour, plus overtime (average of 10-20 hrs of overtime per week when traveling).
Location: You can live anywhere in the United States within a reasonable distance to an airport.
Requirements: This position is a traveling position and you must be able to travel up to 6 weeks at a time and work up to 50-60 hours per week if needed, to meet project and maintenance schedules. You will perform weekend operations and repair of wind turbine generators as needed. You need the ability to consistently climb wind turbine towers up to 300 feet in height, up to 3 times a day.
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Familiarity with Direct Current Electricity, Alternating Current Electricity and Electronics.
- Familiarity with Voltage Testers, Multimeters, Amp Clamps, Oscilloscopes, Meghommeters, Infrared Testers, Voltage Test Procedures, Lock Out Tag Out, Electric Static Discharge (ESD), Hydraulics, Accumulator Charging, Crane Hand Signals, Soldering, Fasteners, Torquing, Hytorques, Fiber Optics, First Aid.
- Must have clean DMV record and ability to operate service trucks as required.
- Ability to train other employees in operations, maintenance & repair procedures.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Click here to learn more.
Data Center Technician Careers with a Leading Global Provider of Online Services
Orion is currently recruiting for a large number of Data Center Technicians for a leading global provider of online services. This is your chance to begin your career with one of the world’s most recognized and respected companies.
As a Data Center Technician, you will be responsible for designing and operating some of the most sophisticated electrical and HVAC systems in the world. Responsibilities Include:
- Operating, monitoring and supporting all facilities activity at the data centers
- Taking ownership of the operation and maintenance of water pumps and treatment systems, HVAC, UPS, generators, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems
- Implementing best-in-class environmental practices
- Bringing the ideas of the Data Center Engineers to life and developing creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving efficiencies
- Ensuring that problems are identified and repaired quickly, that contractors deliver quality services and preventive maintenance, and that safety measures are being performed
- Responding to data center performance issues and outages to minimize recovery time from failures in emergency situations or abnormal conditions
- Helping inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems (e.g., piping, cooling, and non-critical electrical system components)
- Providing daily assistance to senior technicians by reading blueprints/schematics, conducting tours of systems and assessing their working order
Position Locations: Caldwell County, NC; Pryor, OK; Council Bluffs, IA; The Dalles, OR; Berkeley County, SC.
Salary: $55k-$65k, depending on experience.
Benefits: Full benefits, including potential bonus and stock grants.
- Associate's degree, trade school certification or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field (in lieu of degree, 2 years of relevant work experience).
- 2 years’ experience at journeyman or technician level in a critical environment, or 2 years of equivalent military related experience.
- Universal Refrigerant Handler’s certification is preferred for mechanical applicants.
- Data center, hospital or power plant experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units and CRAC units.
- Ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on these systems.
- Ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise during normal working hours or when on-call.
Virtual interviews will be held for positions in Council Bluffs, IA, and Pryor, OK on February 20 and March 6.
Click here to learn more or apply.
Technical Careers with Phillips 66
Orion is recruiting for a large number of technical positions with Phillips 66, an advantaged downstream energy company. This opportunity is brought to military veterans exclusively through Orion. Phillips 66 seeks strong former Military candidates with great leadership, solid education, great technical skills and relatable experience.
- Operators - Sweeny, TX
- Pump and Engine Mechanics - Borger, TX
- Operators, Process Automation Instrument Technicians, and Repairmen - Ponca City, OK
We will be holding interviews for Operators, Process Automation Instrument Technicians, and Repairmen positions.
- February 28th - March 1st at the Borger Refinery in Texas
- Pump and Engine Mechanics
- March 8th at the Ponca City Refinery in Oklahoma
- Operators, Process Automation Instrument Technicians, and Repairmen
Please click here for more information.
Technical Positions with Honeywell
Orion is currently recruiting for a large volume of technical, engineering, operations, sales and project management positions for Honeywell within the U.S.
- Technical Opportunities - Nationwide
Click here to learn more.
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician Positions with Bridgestone
Orion has partnered by Bridgestone, a leading tire production company since the early 20th century to offer career opportunities for those seeking a rewarding career after the military. This is your chance to begin your career with a growing company.
We are currently recruiting for Service Technicians – Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technicians in Des Moines, IA, Aiken, SC, and Wilson, NC. The Service Technician – Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician position is a multi-craft position in electrical, mechanical, and electronic skills.
To be qualified for this position, you must have an Associate’s degree in Electronics, General Technology, Robotics, or related field and 2+ years in industrial maintenance experience, or 3+ years similar experience plus military background.
Click here for more information.
Senior Navy Nukes - Earn Tax-Free Income as a Shift Superintendent in Saudi Arabia
Orion International is currently recruiting Navy Nukes for Shift Superintendent positions in Saudi Arabia with a utility company seeking to optimize the safe, reliable and environmentally responsible generation of power and water.
Salary for these positions ranges from $100,000 - $120,000+, with the first $100K tax-free, and family accompaniment is approved. Additionally, the positions offer:
- Guaranteed holiday bonus equivalent to one month’s salary per year
- Annual performance related bonus between 0-3 months’ salary
- Beachfront luxury housing facilities complete with exclusive recreational center
- Daily transportation provided
- One free meal on working days
- Medical Insurance (100% company-paid)
- Life Insurance(100% company-paid)
- Entitlement to 30 days’ vacation every year with paid annual air tickets (Round Trip to point of origin).
We are seeking senior enlisted Navy Nukes with a four-year degree for these lucrative positions. You must be willing to live in Saudi Arabia for at least 13 months and must be able to start your new career within the next one to five months.
Click here to learn more.
Technician Careers with SpaceX
Orion is currently recruiting for Technician positions with SpaceX, a space transport company. Founded in 2002, SpaceX designs, manufactures and launches advanced rockets and spacecraft with the ultimate goal of enabling people to live on other planets. SpaceX joined MIT’s Technology Review's list of the 50 most innovative companies in the world by in February 2011 by being the first commercial company to recover a spacecraft from orbit.
About 25 percent of SpaceX flights are for NASA, which hired the company to fly cargo to the International Space Station. The next launch for this purpose is scheduled for late February 2014. Click here to read about SpaceX’s most recent rocket launch.
- GSE Technician
- Instrument Technician
Careers with PCC Forged Products
Orion is currently recruiting for PCC Forged Products. Under its Forged Products division, PCC is the world-leading producer of complex forgings and high-performance nickel-based alloys and super alloys for aerospace, power generation, and general industrial applications.
- Maintenance Supervisor (Click here for more info.)
- Operations Supervisor (Click here for more info.)
We are currently recruiting for positions in these locations:
- Houston, TX
- Grafton, MA
- Monroe, NC
- Huntington, WV
- Los Angeles, CA
To learn more, please click here.
Manufacturing Careers in Dallas/Fort-Worth for Combat Veterans
Orion International is currently recruiting talented combat veterans for manufacturing positions with a leading plastics manufacturer in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, area. These are temporary-to-permanent positions, where you will be an Orion employee for the first 120 days with the expectation of becoming a permanent employee of our client after good performance during the first 120 days. In these positions, you will work seven out of 14 days on a rotating shift alternating between days and nights.
- Production Lead
- Maintenance Technician
- Machine Technician
- Machine Operator
- Recently and Honorably discharged veterans, no exceptions.
- OIF and OEF combat veterans preferred.
- Open to all MOSs and Branches but must possess strong mechanical acumen and proven mechanical aptitude.
- Must be open to working a rotating shift - must be available to work a non-traditional schedule that includes days, nights and weekends, no exceptions.
- NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE for this position. Must be a local candidate or able to readily self relocate, no exceptions.
Click here to learn more or apply.
Upcoming Hiring Conferences
Virginia Beach, VA
Norfolk, VA (Midwest positions)
San Diego, CA
San Diego, CA
Upcoming Base Visits
NS San Diego
NAS North Island
NSB Kings Bay
NAS Whidbey Island
NSB New London
NAS New Orleans
Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Workshop - February 21
Sultan Camp, an Orion Candidate Recruiter, will be hosting Senior NCO Workshops which are designed to help you draft an effective transition and career strategy that is current with the major trends for recruiting, employment and HR tech for 2014. These workshops are tailored specifically for E-7 - E-9 Non-Commissioned Officers.
No matter how far in advance your separation from the Navy may be, it's never too early to begin planning for your transition!
Time: 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
4525 South Boulevard, Suite 203
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
What you'll learn:
- Why a resume alone won't cut it anymore: sometimes a resume isn't your best tool in your job search/networking efforts.
- How to actually find a job while on active duty: six steps to effectively draft your job search strategy while in the uniform.
- How to effectively leverage recruiters in your job search: learn why recruiters are an essential part of your professional network.
- Advanced LinkedIn strategies for the military professional: tips and tools to ensure you experience great results from LinkedIn.
Click here to register.
Companies Recently Hiring
Google Data Centers
HSB Global Standards
Earn $100 for Every Referral that Finds their Career through Orion
Did you know that Orion candidates earned $400 in referral bonuses in 2014?
For every job seeker you refer to us who is subsequently placed by Orion, we will give you a $100 gift card to a retailer of your choice!
It's simple - just click here to refer a friend. 30 seconds of your time could be $100 in your pocket!
Connect with Orion Online
Follow us to keep up-to-date on all things Orion, including hiring events, base visits, webinars, and news pertinent to veterans through our social media listed below.
Join Orion’s Military Network on LinkedIn
Join Orion on Facebook
Read Orion's Blog
Orion is Tweeting
Follow us on Google+