Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Polaris Industries Partners with Orion International to Bring Careers to Veterans
Polaris Industries, manufacturer of high quality off-road vehicles, has partnered with Orion International, the nation's largest military career placement firm, to offer jobs to U.S. Veterans. Polaris interviewed Veterans for opportunities within Engineering, Planning, Logistics, and Operations, on March 3rd and 4th at Orion's Distinguished Candidate Conference in Houston, TX, and at an exclusive Polaris Hiring Event on March 5th and 6th at Fort Campbell, KY.
Founded in 1954, Polaris Industries designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles. Polaris values the skills and values that military members have to offer, and recognizes their sacrifice and dedication. Recently a Polaris employee, Nathan Good, was presented with the Patriotic Employer Award, "for contributing to National Security and protecting liberty and freedom by supporting employee participation in America's National Guard and Reserve Force."
A career with Polaris represents an excellent opportunity to make a difference and grow professionally. With over 5300 employees, Polaris helps develop the careers of its veteran employees through programs like Annual Performance Feedback & Development, General Core Skill Trainings, and Leadership Development Training Programs. Polaris also offers a comprehensive benefits program that is contemporary and fully competitive.
"Polaris seeks to hire Veterans due to the values and experiences that Veterans acquire while serving in the Military", said Amy Fossum, Staffing Manager, Polaris Industries. "These values and experiences are in direct correlation with the Polaris company Values - including Leadership, Adaptability, Technical Skills, Problem Solving, Decision Making, Adventure, Loving outdoors, and so much more".
Military service members interested in learning more about the upcoming hiring events or a career with Polaris can visit http://www.orioninternational.com/polaris/.
10 Popular Twitter Hashtags for Job Seekers
Using Twitter to find a job may sound strange, but the technology platform that only allows 140 characters to express your thoughts is becoming a great tool for job seekers to find fast, relevant job postings.
Keep up with these popular hashtags to help keep your visibility on the positions that are out there, compiled by PayScale.com:
- #JobSearch or #JobHunt
- #Hiring or #NowHiring
- #Job or #Jobs
- #HR or #HumanResources
- Try industry-specific hashtags. If you want a career in Oil & Gas, try #energyjobs or #oilandgasjobs to narrow your search.
For more Veteran-related job seeking hashtags, try #jobsforvets, #VeteranJob, or #HireVets to see what companies are specifically looking for your expertise.
And don’t forget, Orion International is tweeting too! Follow us @OrionCareers for job postings, upcoming hiring conferences, and tips for your job search.
Military Professionals Guide Webinar Series
Interview March 28 for Technical Careers with Phillips 66
Orion is recruiting for a large number of technical positions with Phillips 66, an advantaged downstream energy company. This opportunity is brought to military veterans exclusively through Orion. Phillips 66 seeks strong former Military candidates with great leadership, solid education, great technical skills and relatable experience.
- Operators - Sweeny, TX
- Pump and Engine Mechanics - Borger, TX
- Operators, Process Automation Instrument Technicians, and Repairmen - Ponca City, OK
We will be holding interviews for Operators, Process Automation Instrument Technicians, and Repairmen positions.
March 28th at the Ponca City Refinery in Oklahoma
- Operators, Process Automation Instrument Technicians, and Repairmen
Please click here for more information.
Technician Careers with a Leading Global Provider of Online Services
Orion is currently recruiting for a large number of Data Center Technicians and Field Technicians for a leading global provider of online services. This is your chance to begin your career with one of the world’s most recognized and respected companies.
Data Center Technician
Virtual interviews will be held for Data Center Technician positions in Council Bluffs, IA, and Pryor, OK on March 20.
Video interviews for Field Technician positions will be held on:
- March 20
- April 17
In-person interviews will be conducted at Orion Hiring Conferences on:
- March 28, Seattle, WA
- April 14, San Diego, CA
If selected, relocation assistance will be provided.
Click here to learn more or apply.
Retail Sales Representative Careers with The Hershey Company
Equipment Services Associate Careers with BMW Manufacturing
Orion is currently recruiting veterans for Equipment Services Associate careers with BMW Manufacturing, a leading luxury vehicle manufacturer, and one of the three best-selling luxury automakers in the world at their only North American factory in Greer, SC. As the producer of all the world’s X3 and X5 Sports Activity Vehicles, as well as the X6 Sports Activity Coupés, BMW Manufacturing values innovative ideas and diverse approaches to meet the challenges of tomorrow’s mobile world. This is your chance to begin your civilian career with an outstanding company where the philosophy of BMW thrives and the Ultimate Driving Machine is built.
As the Equipment Services Associate, you will be responsible for maintaining, repairing and modifying automotive manufacturing and test equipment to improve systems uptime and reliability. Additional responsibilities include:
- Overseeing equipment modifications for process changes, new models and expansions
- Maintaining and updating all process documentation
Location: Greer, SC
Work Schedule: Shifts run from 7pm to 7am. Depending on which part of the body you are assigned determines the days that you will work. Schedules could be six days on, five days off, or every other weekend. You must be willing to work overtime and holidays as needed.
Salary: Compensation is $21.65-$26/hr, depending on experience.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Associate Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in high levels of automation and PLC controls
- Minimum of 3-5 years of hands on experience in industrial maintenance, mechanical, electrical, electronic systems along with PC based controls
- Must be a highly flexible individual that can adjust to changes quickly
- Must pass a computer-based technical knowledge assessment and a hands-on electrical troubleshooting proficiency test working with live current
- Experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of closed-loop servo systems
- Experience in design, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of sequential processes
- Experience working with high level programming languages
- Experience in interfacing controls, processes and feedback devices
- Experience in Human/Machine interface devices and associated software
- Experience in installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of AC variable frequency drives
- 3+ years of hands on experience in three-phase power and pneumatic controls
- Siemens PLC S7 experience
Interviews will be held at BMW Manufacturing’s automotive plant in Greer, SC. Interview dates are open and flexible, depending on availability. Transportation and lodging will be provided.
Click here to learn more.
Careers with David Weekley Homes
Orion has partnered with David Weekley Homes, the second largest privately-held builder in America, to offer career opportunities for those seeking a rewarding career after the military. This is your chance to begin a builder career with a top company.
To be qualified for this position, Candidates must possess very strong leadership and organizational skills as well as a proven work ethic. Candidates must have a high-attention to detail and be able to motivate teams under tough working conditions.
Click here to learn more.
Multiple Career Opportunities with Nestlé Waters
Orion is recruiting for Customer Service Representatives, Route Sales Representatives, Production, and Warehouse Supervisors with Nestle Waters, a bottled water division of the Nestle Group, a multinational food and beverage company. This is your chance to begin your civilian career with globally recognized company in the food and beverage industry.
Production and Warehouse Supervisor positions are located in Hawkins, TX.
Customer Service Representative positions are located in Raynham, MA.
Route Sales Representative positions are located in Chicago, IL; Woodridge, IL; Phoenix, AZ; Framingham, MA; Houston, TX; Dallas, TX; Lanham, MD; Dracut, MA; Syosset, NY; San Francisco, CA; Long Island City, NY; Oakland, CA; North Haven, CT; Elmsford, NY; Pennsauken, NJ; Jersey City, NJ; and Kearny, NJ.
We will be holding interviews for the following positions on the following dates:
Production and Warehouse Supervisors
- Hawkins, TX - March 25th - 26th
Route Sales Representatives
- Chicago, IL - March 20th with field rides occurring on March 21st
- Northbrook, IL - March 20th with field rides occurring on March 21st
Click here to learn more.
Careers with ConocoPhillips
Orion International is currently recruiting for multiple career opportunities with ConocoPhillips, one of the world’s largest independent Exploration and Production companies based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With over 17,000 employees worldwide ConocoPhillips is active in almost 30 countries.
ConocoPhillips explores for, produces, transports and markets crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, liquefied natural gas and bitumen on a worldwide basis. Key focus areas include safely operating producing assets, executing existing major projects, and exploring for new resources in promising areas.
We are currently recruiting for:
- Utility Person (Click here for details on this position.)
- Mess Person (Click here for details on this position.)
- Able-Bodied Seaman (Click here for details on this position.)
- I&E Technician
- Network Analyst
- Rotating Equipment Supervisor
- Compression Technician
- Multi-Skilled Operator
- Project Field Scheduler
- Project Planner
- Project Lead Planner
Click here to learn more and apply to be considered.
Electrical Maintenance Technician Positions with a Worldwide Steel Manufacturer
Orion is currently recruiting for Electrical Maintenance Technician positions with a worldwide steel manufacturer. This is an excellent opportunity to use your military technician training, skillset, and experience to start or establish a great career with a leader in the steel industry
Locations: East Chicago, IN and Burns Harbor, IN
Salary: $65K - $75K, depending on the amount of overtime you work.
Shift Work: Yes, successful candidates must be able to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays. Shift work may encompass 8, 10, or 12-hour work shifts.
- 3 years electrical maintenance experience; completion of a certified training or apprenticeship program preferred
- Must be competent in AC and DC industrial controls, automation systems and sensors, DC power converters, motor control and maintenance, and crane repair
- Ability to install (including conduit bending and wiring installation), troubleshoot, and repair or adjust various types of electronic, electrical, mechanical, combustion, instrumentation or control systems, and related equipment is preferred
- Knowledge of PLCs, AC and DC drives, the National Electric Code, and the ability to use electrical test equipment and computers is desired; Successful candidate may be required to perform maintenance on AC and DC power systems, up to and including 13.8KV
- Excellent work attendance record, ability to report to work as scheduled, flexibility to work overtime as needed or directed.
Click here to learn more.
Wind Engineer in Training Program with Siemens Corporation
Are you ready to be the force behind our leading reusable energy source and give power to homes across the U.S., while reducing the carbon footprint? The Wind Engineer in Training program provides a broad- based understanding of the entire Wind Service Business through:
- Classroom instruction and challenging work assignments
- Guidance from experienced engineers and field personnel within the organization
- Opportunities to develop close networks within the RE environment for future support
- Opportunities to analyze, problem solve, make critical decisions and assume high-impact responsibilities
- Service Site Supervisors
- Field Service Engineers
- Site Managers
- Assistant Operations Managers
- Assistant Project Managers
- Supply Chain Logistic Engineers
- Service Technology Engineers
- Research and Development
The program is a full-time position with benefits and is designed to help you create a successful career path within Siemens.
Location: For the first year of training, you will be based in Orlando, FL, which is where Siemens Energy is headquartered. Your relocation for Year 2 will be provided by Siemens, and you will likely be located in the South Central, Midwest, or Pacific Northwest.
Travel Requirements: This position will require 50% travel during the first year, where you will go on site visits and work out in the field.
We're looking for people who are resourceful — true problem solvers who challenge themselves to find the most effective and efficient solutions to complex challenges. We provide a platform for those who want to have an impact on the future and contribute to the successes of the company, our customers and the world.
- JMOs or NCOs with a technical engineering degree with a GPA of 2.8 or above; Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering degrees preferred.
- Relocation and Travel: Must be willing to relocate and travel as required by program
- Open to relocation to Orlando for the first year
- Must be able to interview in February, and begin work in August.
- Additional Requirements: Must weigh 260 pounds or less (due to safety equipment requirements), be able to completely differentiate between colors, and cannot be claustrophobic or afraid of heights.
Please visit us online if you are interested in learning more.
Wind Turbine Technician Careers with Gemini Energy Services
Gemini Energy Services, a Division of Orion International, is Seeking Wind Turbine Technicians for Traveling Field Technician Positions.
Gemini’s mission statement is to create solutions to complex wind turbine commissioning, operations, maintenance, service and installation challenges through a superior workforce, rigorous training, and safe operations.
Gemini has a focus on hiring former military men and women because of their highly technical backgrounds; they include avionics technicians, radar technicians, aviation electricians, electronics technicians, and more. Prior military technicians make ideal Gemini Turbine Technicians due to the similarities between their technical backgrounds (including component-level electronic and mechanical troubleshooting) and actual equipment within the industry. These skill sets are applicable and necessary because of the increasingly advanced equipment being installed as wind technology evolves.
Gemini's services to the wind industry include:
• Operations and Maintenance
• Construction Support
• Major Component Changeout
• Warranty Services
• Remote Monitoring
Wind Turbine Technician Description:
This position is responsible for the installation, commissioning, and maintenance of wind turbine generators. You will perform testing, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical and electrical problems on variable pitch, variable speed turbines. You will assist in other areas of site construction, installation and commissioning as required and directed by designated site supervision.
Salary: $18/hour, plus overtime (average of 10-20 hrs of overtime per week when traveling).
Location: You can live anywhere in the United States within a reasonable distance to an airport.
Requirements: This position is a traveling position and you must be able to travel up to 6 weeks at a time and work up to 50-60 hours per week if needed, to meet project and maintenance schedules. You will perform weekend operations and repair of wind turbine generators as needed. You need the ability to consistently climb wind turbine towers up to 300 feet in height, up to 3 times a day.
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Familiarity with Direct Current Electricity, Alternating Current Electricity and Electronics.
- Familiarity with Voltage Testers, Multimeters, Amp Clamps, Oscilloscopes, Meghommeters, Infrared Testers, Voltage Test Procedures, Lock Out Tag Out, Electric Static Discharge (ESD), Hydraulics, Accumulator Charging, Crane Hand Signals, Soldering, Fasteners, Torquing, Hytorques, Fiber Optics, First Aid.
- Must have clean DMV record and ability to operate service trucks as required.
- Ability to train other employees in operations, maintenance & repair procedures.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Click here to learn more.
Technical Positions with Honeywell
Orion is currently recruiting for a large volume of technical, engineering, operations, sales and project management positions for Honeywell within the U.S.
- Technical Opportunities - Nationwide
Click here to learn more.
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician Positions with Bridgestone
Orion has partnered by Bridgestone, a leading tire production company since the early 20th century to offer career opportunities for those seeking a rewarding career after the military. This is your chance to begin your career with a growing company.
We are currently recruiting for Service Technicians – Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technicians in Des Moines, IA, Aiken, SC, and Wilson, NC. The Service Technician – Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician position is a multi-craft position in electrical, mechanical, and electronic skills.
To be qualified for this position, you must have an Associate’s degree in Electronics, General Technology, Robotics, or related field and 2+ years in industrial maintenance experience, or 3+ years similar experience plus military background.
Click here for more information.
Senior Navy Nukes - Earn Tax-Free Income as a Shift Superintendent in Saudi Arabia
Orion International is currently recruiting Navy Nukes for Shift Superintendent positions in Saudi Arabia with a utility company seeking to optimize the safe, reliable and environmentally responsible generation of power and water.
Salary for these positions ranges from $100,000 - $120,000+, with the first $100K tax-free, and family accompaniment is approved. Additionally, the positions offer:
- Guaranteed holiday bonus equivalent to one month’s salary per year
- Annual performance related bonus between 0-3 months’ salary
- Beachfront luxury housing facilities complete with exclusive recreational center
- Daily transportation provided
- One free meal on working days
- Medical Insurance (100% company-paid)
- Life Insurance(100% company-paid)
- Entitlement to 30 days’ vacation every year with paid annual air tickets (Round Trip to point of origin).
We are seeking senior enlisted Navy Nukes with a four-year degree for these lucrative positions. You must be willing to live in Saudi Arabia for at least 13 months and must be able to start your new career within the next one to five months.
Click here to learn more.
Technician Careers with SpaceX
Orion is currently recruiting for Technician positions with SpaceX, a space transport company. Founded in 2002, SpaceX designs, manufactures and launches advanced rockets and spacecraft with the ultimate goal of enabling people to live on other planets. SpaceX joined MIT’s Technology Review's list of the 50 most innovative companies in the world by in February 2011 by being the first commercial company to recover a spacecraft from orbit. About 25 percent of SpaceX flights are for NASA, which hired the company to fly cargo to the International Space Station.
- GSE Technician
- Instrument Technician
Careers with PCC Forged Products
Orion is currently recruiting for PCC Forged Products. Under its Forged Products division, PCC is the world-leading producer of complex forgings and high-performance nickel-based alloys and super alloys for aerospace, power generation, and general industrial applications.
- Maintenance Supervisor (Click here for more info.)
- Operations Supervisor (Click here for more info.)
We are currently recruiting for positions in these locations:
- Houston, TX
- Grafton, MA
- Monroe, NC
- Huntington, WV
- Los Angeles, CA
To learn more, please click here.
According to your Peers
Upcoming Hiring Conferences
Norfolk, VA (Midwest positions)
San Diego, CA
Upcoming Base Visits
NSB New London
NAS New Orleans
NS Everett/NAS Whidbey Island
Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Workshop - May 2
Sultan Camp, an Orion Candidate Recruiter, will be hosting Senior NCO Workshops which are designed to help you draft an effective transition and career strategy that is current with the major trends for recruiting, employment and HR tech for 2014. These workshops are tailored specifically for E-7 - E-9 Non-Commissioned Officers.
No matter how far in advance your separation from the Navy may be, it's never too early to begin planning for your transition!
Time: 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
4525 South Boulevard, Suite 203
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
What you'll learn:
- Why a resume alone won't cut it anymore: sometimes a resume isn't your best tool in your job search/networking efforts.
- How to actually find a job while on active duty: six steps to effectively draft your job search strategy while in the uniform.
- How to effectively leverage recruiters in your job search: learn why recruiters are an essential part of your professional network.
- Advanced LinkedIn strategies for the military professional: tips and tools to ensure you experience great results from LinkedIn.
Click here to register.
Companies Recently Hiring
Google Data Centers
HSB Global Standards
Earn $100 for Every Referral that Finds their Career through Orion
Did you know that Orion candidates earned $3000 in referral bonuses in 2013?
For every job seeker you refer to us who is subsequently placed by Orion, we will give you a $100 gift card to a retailer of your choice!
It's simple - just click here to refer a friend. 30 seconds of your time could be $100 in your pocket!
Connect with Orion Online
Follow us to keep up-to-date on all things Orion, including hiring events, base visits, webinars, and news pertinent to veterans through our social media listed below.
Join Orion’s Military Network on LinkedIn
Join Orion on Facebook
Read Orion's Blog
Orion is Tweeting
Follow us on Google+