Friday, August 1, 2014
Join Orion as We Raise $100K for Veterans in 2014
Join Orion as we Raise $100K+ for Veterans in 2014 through the – directly supporting Burned and Wounded Personnel and their Families, Children of Fallen Service Members, and Transitioning Combat Veterans.
September 6, 2014 - Cincinnati, OH (West Chester Township)
Chip Timed 5K Run at West Chester Township, OH with a T-shirt for all participants - walkers are welcome!
September 13, 2014 - North Austin, TX (Lake Pflugerville)
The 5K Warrior Run will feature a Kids K (Fun Run), Adult 5K (Chip Timed), and plenty of fun for the whole family!
We will post details for the 5K races in Raleigh, San Diego, and Virginia Beach as soon as they are available!
Naval Academy Graduates: Find Civilian Careers through Orion's Free Career Placement Services
Over the years, Orion has helped nearly 400 United States Naval Academy graduates find post-military careers. This track record of success, combined with the experience of many Orion employees who are USNA alumni, gives Orion an edge when it comes to finding the right career for these specially trained Naval and USMC Officers. We are proud of the high-caliber opportunities we have available for Naval Academy Graduates.
- Orion's is a thorough educational program designed to put your preparation 'to do list' in a logical sequence of events to be completed in the months leading up to your transition. The program is comprised of a series of , self-paced instruction, interview preparation, and individual calls with your recruiter.
- Our are designed to present high growth careers for our top transitioning Officers, and feature Operations Management, Engineering, Leadership Development and Sales roles throughout the nation. Additionally we hold frequent hiring events onsite at our clients' facilities which feature campus tours, meet and greet opportunities, multiple stages of the interview process in a single day, and unmatched insight into the culture and work environment of the company.
- We also offer the for outstanding Active Duty Officers who have distinguished themselves from their peers and fellow graduates. This program is your opportunity for unmatched preparation and assistance, as well as early and maximum exposure to our best client companies.
- Frontline Manager with Genentech in San Francisco, CA, $135K
- Manager/Scheduler with Dow Chemical in Houston, TX, $104K
- Project Engineer with Honeywell in Torrance, CA, $102K
- Process Engineer with GE Lighting in Cincinnati, OH, $90K
- Production Supervisor with Hershey in Hershey, PA, $80K
- Sales with Siemens in Cypress, CA, $80K
- Manager with PulteGroup in Basking Ridge, NJ, $70K
- Business Unit Leader with Michelin in Ardmore, OK, $67K
Learn more about how you can apply your education and experience to a post-military career here
Career Opportunities within Orion
National Distinguished Candidate Conference - September 8 & 9 in Baltimore, MD
Are you preparing to exit the military and begin a civilian career? Do you think that your education, background, and military career distinguish you from your peers?
If so, you may be a candidate for Orion’s National Distinguished Candidate Conference (DCC) in Baltimore, MD, on September 8 & 9, 2014. There will be positions available nationwide, with a focus on Engineering, Sales, Leadership Development, and Operations Management. Orion carefully selects candidates for our DCCs that exemplify the best Orion has to offer our client companies. We work hard to assemble a select group of the top JMOs from around the country.
Our distinguished candidates include:
• Graduates of Military Service Academies or Top Universities with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
• Those with a masters degree or other advanced education; and
• Those that have consistently ranked above their peers in Officer Evaluations.
Additionally, you should be available to start working within the next four months and be geographically flexible.
Shane Serafin, a former Navy Lieutenant and USNA graduate who found his career through a recent Orion DCC, explains why he feels the event was such a success: “An Orion Distinguished Candidate Conference is something that you don't want to miss. It is a golden opportunity to meet with several prospective employers all at once, all of them very high quality. And Orion prepares you well. I particularly liked the interview prep session during this conference. It helped me to tweak a few of my responses in a manner that paid major dividends during the interviews!”
What do other candidates have to say about the caliber of our DCCs? Read on...
"Working with Orion International and attending their Distinguished Candidate Conference in Chicago was truly a great experience. When asked how the event could have been better, I honestly did not have an answer, because it was top notch all the way! Everything from the preparation to the event itself was nothing short of extraordinary. I highly recommend Orion to any JMO that is transitioning out of the military; they most certainly will not regret it!"
“I participated in two DCCs with Orion and interviewed with about 15 companies—pretty darn amazing for two days out of my life!”
“The Distinguished Candidate Conference I attended in Dallas was an excellent opportunity to interview with the people who would eventually be my managers. I got to do five interviews in one day!"
“When I turned to Orion, I realized that their reputation stands tall amongst the corporate sector. It was evident from the multiple high caliber companies that came to the Distinguished Candidate Conferences I attended in Baltimore and Chicago. I hope that other quality officers will see the benefits of working with a stellar placement firm like Orion.”
Orion only holds a few DCCs each year. Our next DCC will be held October 13 & 14 in San Diego, CA. If you would like to be considered for one of the upcoming Orion DCCs, please click here.
Military Professionals Webinar Series
According to Your Peers
Sales Development Program with Siemens
Orion is currently recruiting for a large volume of positions across all segments of Siemens Corporation within the U.S. Over the last 20 years, Orion has placed more than 650 veterans into rewarding careers at Siemens.
Specifically, Orion is recruiting for Siemens Sales Development Program (SPD) with openings in Pelham, AL (Birmingham), and Jackson, MS, for the services and solutions piece of the sales pipeline. In this position, you will be targeting business from existing buildings in the region, rather than new construction.
Your ability to learn and understand the technical aspects of Siemens building solutions will be addressed during your first 6 months in the program, working in the field daily. Sales skills along with the technical understanding are the focus of your development during the second six months of the program. Sales aptitude and attitude is a must and you should be looking at this opportunity to develop you future from the ground up.
Salary: $55,000 - $60,000 base + commission + car allowance
- BS/BA or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of professional sales principles and skills
- Demonstrates an excellent technical aptitude
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability and desire to understand and execute sales plans
Click here to learn more or apply.
Medical Device Sales Careers with Medtronic
Orion is currently recruiting for an outstanding career opportunity in Medical Device Sales, as a Sales Education Representative with Medtronic. Medtronic Spine and Biologics has created a development program to train and educate future sales professionals. The primary objective of the program is to take talented professionals with minimal sales experience and, through an intensive immersion program, prepare them to become successful Sales Representatives. This program will provide you the necessary tools and training to succeed as a highly specialized sales person within the Medical Device Industry.
Want to learn more about this position from a veteran’s point of view? Check out our profile of Brian Schulz, who found a career with Medtronic through Orion in 2007.
This sales development program is approximately 12-18 months in duration and is broken down into different phases of growth and development.
In the first Phase, you will learn foundational components of Spinal and Biologics Sales (including anatomy, pathology, procedures, compliance, and sales process), gain exposure to important business functions (including Marketing, Development, Customer Service, Operations, and Education), assist with sales and surgeon training labs, and provide other sales support.
In the second Phase, application of acquired learning will be emphasized in the field. You will spend 3-4 days a week in the field working alongside district sales teams and designated field mentors - Spine Sales Representative - interacting with customers, while also learning and performing the day-to-day activities of the Spine Representative.
At the end of the program and based on personal aptitude, procedural certification, proven proficiency, and territory availability, you will be given the opportunity to interview for a position in an open territory and promoted to a Spine Representative.
Salary and Benefits
- As a Sales Education Representative, you will earn a base salary of $70,000. You will also be eligible to participate in the corporate performance-based Medtronic Incentive Plan with a target bonus opportunity of 5% of your annual eligible earnings. Beginning in month ten, you will be eligible to participate in a performance-based incentive plan with a quarterly bonus opportunity of $5,000 and you will remain eligible for the corporate performance-based Medtronic Incentive Program with a target bonus opportunity of 5% of your eligible earnings.
- Top transitioning or recently transitioned Junior Military Officer
- Bachelors degree in technical, science, or engineering field
- Passion for entering the highly competitive industry of Medical Device Sales
- Technical aptitude is important because you will be learning very complex procedures and pieces of equipment
- Top notch communication skills and be able to communicate and instruct effectively
- Strong work ethic and organization and prioritization skills
- Willingness to travel. In Phase I of the training program you will travel 50%, and in Phase II you will travel 90%. You will not be required to relocate throughout the training program, but will likely need to relocate when you get your first territory after completing the program.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance policy.
Locations: You can live in your current home during training, but will spend a significant amount of time in Memphis, TN. You must be somewhat geographically flexible (open to at least a 4-5 state region) when you exit the program.
Click here to learn more or apply.
Careers with The Hershey Company
Engineer Careers with Whirlpool
Whirlpool Corporation is the world's leading global manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, with annual sales of approximately $19 billion in 2013, 69,000 employees, and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers around the world.
Orion is currently recruiting for a number of Engineering and Technician positions with Whirlpool, a leading household appliance manufacturer. This is your chance to begin your civilian career with a globally recognized company in the manufacturing industry.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Utilities Engineer
- Assembly Engineer
- Project Engineer – Strategic Planning
- Project Engineer – Quality
Put your military skills to work at a company that respects your leadership experience. As a values-based company, Whirlpool Corporation supports military veterans through employment opportunities, employee resource groups and a strong commitment to social causes that provide home appliances to severely disabled veterans. We offer competitive compensation, generous Reserve and Guard Member benefits and a variety of career paths with meaningful work that allow you to grow and be a part of a company whose brands can be found in nearly 80% of all American homes.
Click here to learn more or apply.
Engineer and Management Careers with Michelin
We are currently recruiting for Engineer and Management positions for Michelin. Michelin is proud to provide great civilian jobs for military officers.
- Industrial Engineer
At Michelin, an Industrial engineering job is one of our top entry level jobs for former military officers. The Industrial Engineer regularly studies, analyzes, presents and implements agreed upon recommendations. Project work includes analysis in machine capacity, material flow, expansion needs, manpower planning, and productivity and efficiency improvements. The Industrial Engineer also develops and utilizes classical Industrial Engineering techniques, administrative responsibilities, and project facilitation after an in-depth 6 month training program.
- Manufacturing Department Manager
The Manufacturing Department Manager establishes and manages daily priorities of the process and direct reports, ensures production, and quality goals are met per business plan. The Manufacturing Department Manager establishes and maintains the budget, schedules employee trainings, monitors employee performances and provides team communication on business plan objectives and performances.
- Leadership Development Rotation Program
Michelin's Leadership Development Rotation Program (LDRP) is designed specifically for high-potential, high-performing Master's degree candidates who want to accelerate their development. The LDRP puts you in the middle of the action – in strategic positions with frequent exposure to our leaders, core businesses, and technologies. Our objective is to recruit and train Michelin's next generation of leaders. Participants will be placed in 3-4 diverse roles over the course of approximately 2 years.
Positions will be located nationwide.
Engineering & Operations Management Positions with Honeywell
Orion is currently recruiting for a number of operations management and engineering positions with Honeywell. This is your chance to begin your career with an outstanding company, named on the Fortune 100. Positions include:
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies:
- Field Service & Installation Supervisor
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Planner
Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions
- Field Service Specialist & IT Controls
- Warehouse Lead
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Distribution Center Manager
- HOS Site Specialist
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Operations Leader
- Warehouse Procurement Clerk
- Warehouse Logistics Clerk
- Warehouse Team Lead
- Logistics Manager
- Production Supervisor
Click here to apply or learn more.
Careers with ConocoPhillips
Orion International is currently recruiting for multiple career opportunities with ConocoPhillips, one of the world’s largest independent Exploration and Production companies based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With over 17,000 employees worldwide ConocoPhillips is active in almost 30 countries.
We are currently recruiting for these positions:
- Drilling Engineer
- Knowledge Sharing Network Specialist
- Network Analyst
- Completions Engineer
- Project Field Scheduler
- Project Planner
- Project Lead Planner
Click here to learn more or apply.
Upcoming Hiring Conferences
San Diego, CA
Upcoming Base Visits
When our Recruiters visit a location near you, it’s a chance to get a jump start on your career search, regardless of your ETS date. Our Recruiters will discuss your goals and preferences with you and present a realistic picture of what to expect in your search. You’ll get resume advice, interview preparation tips, and much more! Click here or on any of the base visits to receive more information about the base visit you are interested in attending.
Earn $100 for Every Referral that Finds their Career through Orion
Did you know that Orion candidates have earned $11,100 in referral bonuses so far in 2014?
For every job seeker you refer to us who is subsequently placed by Orion, we will give you a $100 gift card to a retailer of your choice!
It's simple - just click here to refer a friend. 30 seconds of your time could be $100 in your pocket!
Companies Recently Hiring
CB Richard Ellis
GE Aircraft Engines
Johnson & Johnson
Kansas City Southern
Connect with Orion Online
Follow us to keep up-to-date on all things Orion, including hiring events, base visits, webinars, and news pertinent to veterans through our social media listed below.
Join Orion’s Military Network on LinkedIn
Join Orion on Facebook
Read Orion's Blog
Orion is Tweeting
Follow us on Google+